According to the ‘Global Construction 2030’ report from Oxford Economics and GCP Global, by 2030 the UK construction market will be the sixth largest in the world, offering potentially significant opportunities for international building products suppliers and manufacturers. Currently, the volume of imported building products and materials is estimated to be between 20% and 25% (Construction Products Association) and the market’s output is estimated to be worth over £100 billion annually.
Over the last few years, recognising the critical need for new housebuilding and the vital role that general construction has in spurring economic growth, the UK government initiated a series of major schemes and investment programmes aimed at boosting the industry. These initiatives, combined with substantial investments from the private sector, have resulted in a significant level of construction activity across all key sectors, offering a wealth of export opportunities to international construction suppliers targeting the UK market.
How We Will Help You to Find Your UK Distributor / Business Partner
As well as publishing The Exporter’s Guide to the UK Construction Market for ten years between 2005 and 2015, Construct UK is a specialist research and information provider benefiting from over 30 years’ UK construction industry experience which includes marketing and promotion of building products, materials and services from across the world.
Our extensive resources and unique network of industry contacts enables us to make the Distributor Finding Service a cost-effective solution designed to help you find the most suitable UK-based business partner with established links in the construction market. A typical programme would include the following activities and would incur an average cost of between €2,000 and €2,500 (Euros):
- Research into the relevant market sector, provision of a report on the number and range of companies already active, and an assessment of the sector’s potential.
- Research and identification of potential business partners based on suitability, e.g. existing client base and supply-chain links, resources, sector positioning and profile in marketplace.
- Telephone campaign to obtain appropriate contact names, generally at Director level.
- Promotional campaign to develop interest. Typically, direct mailing of literature and proposal details, but campaigns can be extended to include other activities such as advertising and exhibition attendance, when appropriate. Copy-writing and proof-reading support for marketing materials.
- Thorough telephone canvassing campaign to assess and develop interest from prospects, with full step-by-step progress reporting to client, culminating in a short list of most suitable interested parties.
- Exchange of contact details between all interested parties and arrangement of introductory meetings, as necessary.
If you would like us to provide a detailed, fixed price proposal, free of charge and without obligation, please email us and provide a brief outline of requirements or request further details. The most suitable programme of activities depends on the nature of the product(s) or service(s) and the relevant sector(s).
(See also our Distributor Finding Support Package.)