Help for International Companies Entering the UK Construction Market
According to the ‘Global Construction 2030’ report from Oxford Economics and GCP Global, by 2030 the UK construction market will be the sixth largest in the world, offering potentially significant opportunities for international building products suppliers and manufacturers. Currently, the volume of imported building products and materials is estimated to be between 20% and 25% (Construction Products Association) and the market’s output is estimated to be worth over £100 billion annually.
For many years, Construct UK has successfully helped international construction manufacturers and suppliers to find UK distributors and partners for their products and services. Four principal services are offered:
1) ConstructUK.com Subscription
Supported by regular newsletters and updates, this unique and extensive resource will guide you to the regulations, clients and events in the UK and Irish construction markets, and will help businesses to explore the opportunities for their products and services.
A subscription offers access to an extensive range of information, including unlimited-use, downloadable databases, covering everything from the industry’s journals and exhibitions to lists of the top UK and Irish businesses in the fields of architecture, housebuilding, contracting, engineering, etc.
A quick glance at the Directory page will demonstrate the comprehensive support it can provide for all new entrants to the market, including a dedicated section, Exporting to the UK (for international businesses), which provides an overview of the industry, the structure of its sectors, how to identify customers and competitors, finding agents and distributors, and much more.
A subscription costs £195 + VAT per annum.
This service provides international construction product manufacturers and product suppliers with a package of bespoke research designed to help them enter the UK market. The package includes:
- A tailor-made database of UK distributors currently active in the client’s specific industry sector. The most suitable named senior contact is also identified and included. Typically, between 50 and 100 companies are identified but this entirely depends on the specific sector. An estimate can be provided upon request.
- Identification of key journals and other in-print and digital publications relevant to the appropriate sub-sector, including named editorial contacts.
- Identification of the most appropriate trade shows, exhibitions and conferences related to the client’s sub-sector.
- Proof reading of appropriate text for use in marketing messages, introductory emails and other promotions (up to 2,000 words).
- Free inclusion in the Construct UK New Products for Britain directory, including images and 100 words of promotional text (see below).
Cost: €350 (VAT not applicable as it is provided through our EU-based agency).
This service provides individually tailored, one-to-one support:
- Researching the most appropriate potential business partners based on specific construction products, services and sectors
- Identifying the most suitable senior individuals and contacting them
- Introducing the client’s product(s)/service(s) to each identified prospect
- Assessing the interest of the prospective partners
- Arranging direct conversations/meetings
A typical project costs between €2,000 and €2,500 depending on the number of potential partners/distributors available to contact (VAT not applicable as it is provided through our EU-based agency).
For more information and case studies click here.
4) New Products for Britain
A new platform designed for international building product suppliers seeking export opportunities in Britain, enabling them to present information to potential distributors, suppliers, specifiers and contractors in the UK’s construction industry.
For more information click here.