The Irish construction sector continued its strong start to the year in February, seeing further sharp increases in activity and new orders, and a faster pace of job creation. Marked increases in demand for inputs to support growth of activity led suppliers to increase their prices and resulted in delays in receiving purchased items. The Ulster Bank Construction Purchasing Managers’ Index® (PMI®) – a seasonally adjusted index designed to track changes in total construction activity – posted ......
Articles in Category: International
IHS Markit Germany Construction PMI®: Construction Activity Growth Softens from January’s Seven-Year High
- Construction PMI slips to 13-month low after spike in growth in January
- New orders continue to grow at solid pace, lifting confidence to near record-high
- Input cost inflation remains elevated amid rising demand for materials
Germany’s construction sector saw the level of total industry activity increase in February, but at a slower pace ......
New Research by ASD Reports
The ceiling tiles market is estimated to be USD 7.31 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach USD 9.88 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.2% between 2017 and 2022. The increasing demand for ceiling tiles in building & construction projects is one of the most significant factors projected to drive the growth of the ceiling tiles market. Superior properties of ceiling tiles such as improved sound absorption capability and easy installation and recyclability are also contributing to the growth of the ceiling tiles market. However, ceiling tiles are .....
The Irish construction sector made a strong start to 2018, posting faster increases in activity, new orders and employment, as well as seeing confidence improve again. Meanwhile, input costs rose to the greatest extent in 11 years. The Ulster Bank Construction Purchasing Managers’ Index® (PMI®) – a seasonally adjusted index designed to track changes in total construction activity – rose to ......
Plans to be presented include a new deep-water port, a rapid rail network, and a £1bn road building programme
Date: Friday, 02 March 2018
Venue: British Expertise International, 23 Grafton Street, London W1S 4EY
British Expertise International are hosting a lunch meeting with Her Excellency Mrs Louise de Sousa, British Ambassador to Tunisia, along with Mr Mehdi Ben Abdallah, President of the Tunisian British Chamber of Commerce for a joint event with ......
IHS Markit Germany Construction PMI®: Construction Sector Records Steepest Increase in Activity Since Early 2011
- Mild weather boosts building work
- New orders show sharpest rise in survey history
- Strong expansions in employment and subcontractor usage
A warmer than usual January resulted in a sharp and accelerated increase in total industry activity across Germany’s constructor sector, according to the latest PMI® survey data from IHS Markit. On a seasonally adjusted basis ......
at the heart of technological challenges in construction
Intermat, the international trade show for construction and infrastructure, announced the winners of the Intermat Innovation Awards on Thursday 18 January in Paris (Maison de la Mutualité). In its role as a springboard for worldwide innovation in the building and public works sector, the competition designated 13 prize winners from the 90 competing entries .....
Irish construction activity increased at a faster pace during December amid strong growth of new orders. Rises in employment and purchasing were also recorded, while confidence regarding the 12-month outlook improved. Inflationary pressures remained elevated, with input costs increasing to the greatest extent in six months. The Ulster Bank Construction Purchasing Managers’ Index® (PMI®) – a seasonally adjusted index designed to track changes in total construction activity – rose to 58.0 in December from 56.7 in November. The latest reading signalled a substantial ......
UK Business Partners Sought for Innovative European Producer of Glass & Aluminium Staircase and Handrail Systems
2017 saw the completion of the prestigious Lombard Wharf (LW) scheme on London's Thameside. Designed by award winning architects, Patel Taylor, a key feature of the project's design was its distinctive wrap-around balconies, the frontages of which are lit with LED lighting, tracing the building's shape in the skyline .....
IHS Markit Germany Construction PMI®: Solid Rise in Activity in December Ends a Strong Year for German Construction Sector
- Total industry activity growth at four-month high...
- ...driven by strong rise in commercial building work
- Expansions in employment and purchasing activity lose further momentum
Construction activity in Germany rose at the fastest rate for four months in December, buoyed by strong growth in ......
A Gathering of Construction and Architecture Professionals
The aim of Le Mondial du Bâtiment 2017 was to get all industry players together in one place and that’s exactly what it did, with professionals from the key trades converging on Interclima+ElecHB, Ideobain and Batimat.
A total of .....
With the aim of addressing the challenges raised by the digitalisation of the building and public works industry, and to propose a wider range of solutions, Intermat 2018 has chosen to shine a spotlight on new technologies developed by companies.
For the very first time .....
The main findings of the November survey were as follows:
- The headline seasonally adjusted Business Activity Index ticked up to 54.3 in November from 53.8 in October. Output has now risen in each of the past 14 months. A similar picture was seen with regard to new business, which increased at a faster pace in November.
- Companies responded by increasing their staffing levels for the thirty-fourth month running. The pace of job creation was solid and faster than the UK average. Construction posted the sharpest rise in employment in the nine-year series history, while manufacturers reduced staffing levels slightly.
- The pace at which input prices rose quickened in November and was the fastest since May. Output prices also rose sharply, with the rate of inflation broadly in line with that seen in the previous month.
The November data from the Ulster Bank Northern Ireland PMI® – produced for Ulster Bank by IHS Markit – pointed to .....
Eastern European Construction Forecasting Association 2017 Winter Construction Forecast and Revision
EECFA, the forecasting association conducting research on the construction markets of 8 Eastern-European countries, has published its 2017 Winter Construction Forecast Reports. The following are the main points:
IHS Markit Germany Construction PMI®: German Construction Activity Growth at Ten-Month Low in November
- Drop in civil engineering activity weighs on overall industry performance
- Rates of expansion in employment and purchasing activity ease
- Optimism towards outlook weakens as new orders post first fall in 13 months
Germany’s construction upturn showed signs of losing momentum in November, as growth in total industry activity eased to a ten-month low amid the first drop in new orders for more than a year, according to the latest PMI® survey data from IHS Markit. Constructors ......